Monday, April 30, 2012

I am waiting--

Out of 10:
3 for anxiety, for job hunts and midlife crises, everything in its right place.
2 for guilt, and sadness. There's nothing that can be done. 1 of these I trade out now and then for happiness.
2 more for dark anger and dread. I have to shelve it, I can'nae look it in the eye, but it's a close sister to the guilt.
And 3 more for drowning. Treading water and feeling lost. No family and no sense of self.

If I could:
3 for drive. Excitement and motivation, things nudging into place.
4 for love. Titillation and satisfaction, passion and friendship.
2 for family. This seems nigh impossible, but what if it weren't?
1 for humility and learning. Keep the sadness at bay, but don't take it for granted.

And so, what I must:
2 for confidence. Stick up for yourself, Poindexter. Take time for myself, without guilt, for creation and expression.
3 for excitement. New passions, new positions, new adventures.
3 for hard work. Buckle down and grind it out, but sensibly, and not to the exclusion of all else.
2 for satisfaction. Reverse direction on material goals. Give in to happiness, let competence take care of ambition.

No comments: